NC Trip: Mountains to Coast


Last week my husband and I went for a nice, long vacation back home in North Carolina. We spent a few days in the mountains with his family...

There were 11 of us in a cabin just outside Bryson City near the Tennessee boarder.



A picture of the cabin above. It was actually pretty roomy with a great porch. We got to watch some sunsets and see the stars. (Not very easy to do here in Houston).



After spending sometime in the western side of the state, we drove to the opposite end to spend a few days with my family. It was my mom's birthday (don't worry mom, I'm not saying which birthday), and my sister was also visiting!



We also took a little time to drive to Topsail Island to see the beach. It has been over 3 years since my husband and I have stuck our toes into the Atlantic. While the Texas beaches we have visited will do in a pinch, I don't think anything can touch the Carolina beaches I grew up with!


Of course, no vacation is complete without indulging in some haute-cuisine (aka- we ate lots of Bojangles and barbeque). I also made a point to try the newest Krispy Kreme kreation: Cheerwine kreme-filled donuts. They tasted just like Cheerwine, which was both good and odd at the same time.

We both enjoyed our trip, but were glad to get back to the house and the dogs. It's weird- I thought it would get easier visiting friends and family the longer we are away, but it actually gets a little bit harder each time.

What do you like to do when you go back home? Any favorite places to go or things to eat?


Comments

Popular Posts