Wine Cork Corkboard



This may be my most favorite project yet, and it’s been several years in the making. I had to space out my drinking so my husband wouldn’t worry :).


I bought an empty picture frame from Hobby Lobby. (Sorry, no pictures from when I started the corkboard, but that was pre-blog.) My husband glued some scrap wood together for the backing and nailed it to the frame. Time to bust out the tacky glue!



I did run out of corks when I got to the last row, but luckily picked up a few extra on New Year’s Eve. There wasn’t enough space on the last row for full-sized corks, so I just cut them down with a kitchen knife.



Here’s a picture of the almost finished product.



Off to the store to buy some more wine!



P.S. Here’s my little helper. Probably should tell him not to eat the craft supplies.


Linking to: Met Monday and DIY Day






Comments

  1. Very cool project, I probably have enough corks saved to actually do this project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great!! We keep all of our wine corks in a vase, but this is an even better idea. Thanks for the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DH keeps saving wine corks and I never knew why. Well, now I'm going to tell him why...so I can do this! Thanks!
    -Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cork display, they are just so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, I may just have to make one. I made a wreath from coirks and was very happy with the day that it turned out.

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a jug full of corks (yes, I probably DO have a problem..haha) and wondered what I should do with them...this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog, and please leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing your thoughts!

Popular Posts