Necklace Display

To be honest, I don't wear a lot of jewelry. I have one necklace and my wedding ring that I wear everyday, and most of the time, that's it. However, I do looove jewelry. The colors, the sparkle, that extra oomph to an outfit. So I have a well-fed jewelry collection, much of which fits in my jewelry box with the exception of my necklaces. My tendency is to larger, chunkier necklaces that don't fit any sort of stylish holder I've seen. The other week, I spotted a display/shadow box at Home Goods (typically these are used for photo or memorabilia), and I decided to turn it into a pretty necklace display.


Here's a picture of the box from Home Goods:




Then I used some spray adhesive.




Added some scrapbook paper...




I used cup hooks from Lowes and screwed them into the top of the display box. Actually, the angle made screwing in the hooks kinda difficult so I used a drill with a very small bit to start the holes, and it was so much easier to get the hooks screwed in. (Be careful not to drill too far or you will go all the way through the box. My husband kept staring at me whispering, "Be careful." So helpful and not anxiety-provoking in anyway!) For some reason my close-up picture of the hooks didn't down load. Oh well.


Here's the finished product:




It's so much better than having my necklaces strewn all over the dresser or stuffed in a pile in my sock drawer.


I'm linking to Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch and Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chick and Make Your Monday at Twice Remembered.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog, and please leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing your thoughts!

Popular Posts