March Madness
I did go to the rodeo on another night to see the Black Eyed Peas. Such a good show! The back up dancers wore full-body unitards (which were creepy), but the band was very energized and jumping off the stage to run up to the crowds. Plus we had a crazy guy dancing in front of us who took his shirt off and put on another *interesting* show. :)
After all the rodeo fun, we went back to Reliant Stadium this past weekend for the NCAA regional basketball finals. Today I saw Duke play Baylor for a final four spot, and the stadium was so energized and fun! Unfortunately, my Wolfpack didn't even make the tournament. (And my bracket STINKS.)
Oh, and I also did a few house projects in the last few weeks. This one was super easy and made a BIG difference. Here is the before of my dresser:
Enter an idea I saw in Country Living- spray painted dresser pulls.
I first tried a bright blue, but my husband and I decided it was too blue and didn't match anything else in the room.
After 2 weeks (and a lot of analyzing), we decided on a sage green to match our window valances and comforter. It took 2 coats of paint, and I used a gloss finish. The faux drawer locks, however, do not want to come off. Turns out they're not screwed on, but they probably won't come off without some prying and damage. So I have to figure out another way to paint them (or just get over it and leave it as-is).
On another note- I'm going to Round Top on Saturday and super pumped. If anyone has been before and has any tips, please pass them along!
That is such a great idea! And it really makes a difference. It's like it's a new piece of furniture. Great compromise.
ReplyDeleteNancy
The dresser turned out wonderful...and I love your tablescape!
ReplyDeleteI'm hosting a giveaway and I'd love it if you stopped by my blog!
Dresser looks great. No tips for Round Top but I've ALWAYS wanted to go. Hear it's ginormous. Just please take lots of pics and post 'em so we can have a "virtual trip." Hope you'll drop by and see our lavender fantasy bath. -- Jane F.
ReplyDeletePersonally I would have painted it...but I am like that ;)
ReplyDelete