Round Top Recap


This post is a couple weeks over due, but we've had a lot going on lately. The other week, my husband and I drove out to Round Top, TX for the big antiques show. It was our first time going, and we didn't even get to half of the tents! We are totally going back in the fall.





There were a few tents featuring industrial furniture and Swedish antiques.


This table was outside a linen tent (beautiful linen but so freakin' expensive). The mosaic tile was done on an old wrought iron outdoor table. So I took a picture for my "hey, I can do that" file.

These pillows also fit into that same file. I like the combo of the burlap and ticking fabrics.


These vases caught my eye and came home with me. They were listed at $31, but I got 'em for $20. (Not a bad idea to go on the last day of Round Top. Sellers were looking to deal, and they were offering cheaper prices before I even started negotiating!)

These chairs also came home with us. They're from the 1930s and were covered in dust. Right away, we knew that they would work for our kitchen table. I'm in the process of fixing them up and will post them soon.


If anyone is thinking about going to Round Top, I highly recommend it. Great stuff, good deals, friendly people, and awesome pie! (Seriously awesome pie).


Linking to Thrifty Treasures.

Comments

  1. Oh Boy! Another Texas Gal! I'm soooo envious that you got to go to RoundTop! I'm going one of these days when I'm in that area visiting my Sister. Looks like you got some really good ideas and some nice pieces. Welcome to Texas, and as you said about RoundTop...lots of friendly folks with awesome pie! Hope you'll stop by my blog...CollectInTexas Gal...it's a Friendly Place, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer to Texas so that I could go to round top...well maybe someday. Love the cahirs and can't wait to see what you do with them.

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pictures, how fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog, and please leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing your thoughts!

Popular Posts