Grey (or Gray?) Dining

I never know which way I should spell the color, but oh the ways to decorate with it. For some reason, I totally jonesing on grey. Not only in house decor, but I've been incorporating it more into my wardrobe too. Right now I'm thinking about painting my dining room grey to get my "fix". Here are some dining rooms for inspiration:


Grey and white make such a lovely contrast. And that pendant light? Shut up! LOVE it.


This one has a nice blue shade to it, and the open shelving makes for a great display. Plus there is a mod-vintage thing happening which I like.






My dining room is not this big, but I dig the grey furniture (although it may be too much grey).





This last one is my favoritest (not a word but oh well, I was not great in English if you can't tell. And yet my mom is a librarian and my sister is an editor. Go fig.) Love the sunlight from the window and that gyroscope-looking chandelier. Reminds me of Lady Gaga's outfit from SNL.

Have you noticed something about the dining rooms? All the furniture is white or light in color. This makes me nervous since my dining room furniture is dark brown, and I don't plan on changing it since I've only had it a year (and I like it). Do grey (gray) walls plus dark furniture equal gloomy, sad decorating? Well that second to last picture had darker furniture with a white chair rail and molding, so maybe? Or I could pick a blue-grey or green-grey. Hmmm. My husband wants color since he is sick of living in neuter-town. (Okay, that totally came out wrong. I mean he is tired of living in a house with almost all neutral toned walls. Nothing else was meant by that!)


Off to look at more paint chips.

Photos from: Jade O'Connor, Ideal Home Magazine, Homes and Gardens, Harvest Moon, Decorpad, Coco Cozy.

Comments

  1. Gray is the preferred U.S. spelling. Grey is more of a U.K. spelling. Remember, gray is a color, but grey is a colour.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog, and please leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing your thoughts!

Popular Posts